Tree Reports

Do I need a Tree Report?

___What is a Tree Report for?

______Who can carry out a Tree Report?

These are common questions presented from our clients when they have been asked to provide a Tree Report by a third party (Local Authority Planning Department, Architect, Building Control, Mortgage Provider, Insurance Company, Structural Engineer etc.).

You may need a tree report for a number of reasons, the specification of which is largely determined by the end user or purpose of the Tree Report. Some of the more commonly required Arboricultural Consultancy services include:

  • BS5837 Tree Reports relating to British Standard ‘Trees in Relation to Construction – Recommendations‘ required in support of a planning application and/or to discharge tree related planning conditions. These reports can only be undertaken following the completion of BS5837 Tree Surveys and are designed to advise the design and support the application;
  • H&S Tree Risk Surveys can often be required as part of insurance cover to ensure tree risk management. However, tree owners and land managers have a general duty of care to ensure the safety of visitors to their land and/or its vicinity; regular tree inspections should be undertaken by a competent Tree Consultant of which a Tree Report will be provided outlining current and future tree works; and
  • Homebuyer/Homeowner Tree Reports can be a requirement where trees are located within impacting distance of site structures. This will require a Tree Survey assessment of the current and [likely and foreseeable] future impacts from/on trees and should outline suitable arboricultural management recommendations.

We provide some introductory level information relating to our Arboricultural Consultancy services (Tree Reports LondonTree Reports BirminghamTree Reports Cheshire). However, please feel free to contact a member of the team for non-obligation advice on 0333 123 7080 or


We are open for business & have measures in place to ensure your project keeps moving