What Is an Ecology Consultant?
We are here to help
Fixed cost quotes
No hidden charges
Up front advice
What Is an Ecology Consultant?
An ecology consultant performs surveys and research to offer advice on several environmental issues, such as types of habitats, animal species, and plant species present. The demand for ecological consultants has increased markedly in recent times, due to the introduction of new environmental laws in Britain.
The complexity and volume of environmental laws is continuing to increase each year. Here at Indigo Surveys, we have at our disposal a highly-skilled and dedicated team of ecology consultants to help clients with environmental impact assessment of their site. The completion of ecological consultancy work is dependent on several factors, including; seasonal constraints, planning circumstances, and budget.
What does an ecology consultant do?
Ecological consultancy specialists provide a variety of services to organisations and individuals. Indigo Surveys is a multi-disciplinary consultancy firm, we have employed several specialists with vast experience in landscape design, forestry, arboricultural, and estate management expertise and experience.
We also have certified and experienced consultants with extensive experience in other environmental conservation issues like water quality, air quality, and reclaiming contaminated land. Our consultants help businesses to create policies and deal with financial and legal matters. A certified ecology consultant is also a key player in helping wildlife, local authority and conservational agencies complete core research projects.
Ecological consultants also help individuals and conservation agencies implement mitigation and translocation schemes, such as animal trapping and relocation. Ecological specialists also provide their clients with professional advice on various issues including wildlife legislation and nature conservancy as well as ways to boost biodiversity net gain.
Ecological consultants will carry out a preliminary ecological appraisal and identify any ecological constraints on a site. They can also be employed to perform routine fauna and flora surveys, protected species surveys, and provide general advice on environmental management and other ecological issues.
What should I look for in a good ecology consultant?
Certified and experienced ecological consultants help individuals and companies to reduce their environmental impact, and where possible, improve biodiversity net gain. Given that ecology specialists work in various areas including waste management, air quality, water pollution, and soil contamination, you should always hire trusted consultants with a reputation for offering quality cost-effective ecological consultancy services specific to your needs. You should focus on five key areas when looking for quality and affordable ecological surveys.
– Ability to work to your requirements: The main role of ecological consultancy firms is providing nature conservancy knowledge to other people. Here at Indigo Surveys, we focus on creating professional and tangible end products like ecological reports and presentations. Professional and experienced ecological consultants must demonstrate an ability to present understandable and well-written reports as part of an ecological impact assessment.
– Ability to meet deadlines: Certified and experienced ecology consultants complete projects on budget and time. Your chosen ecological consultants must demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and effectively meet deadlines. Ecological consultancies also need to demonstrate exceptional ability to multitask, plan ahead of time and manage time efficiently to deliver an ecology survey to deadline.
– Knowledge of the current ecological regulations: Clients hire ecological consultants to help them remain compliant with the latest British and European environmental laws and regulations. An ideal ecology consultant must be up-to-date with all the updates and trends across the environmental sector.
– Ability to research and perform data analysis: Ecological consultants can only properly assess ecological issues by first performing in-depth research to identify problems and recommend the right solutions.
– A collection of professional skills: Experienced and skilled ecology consultants can offer insight across various areas related to their work, like environmental issues, economic impact, and engineering regulations. The aforementioned skills provide ecology consultants with the ability to provide you with ecological impact assessments and insight on how the ecology of your site factors into a range of different financial and legal considerations.
What types of surveys do ecology consultants do?
Ecological consultants can undertake a range of different ecological surveys for a development site. Some of the ecology and environmental impact assessment surveys we provide include:
- Preliminary Ecological Appraisal (PEA)
- Protected Species Survey
- Ecological Impact Assessments
- Habitat Regulation Assessment
- Biodiversity Net Gain Assessment
How do I contact the right ecology consultant for my site?
Here at Indigo Surveys, we are a leading ecology consultancy and can provide certified and experienced consultants to help you with your ecological survey needs. We continue to offer one of the most competitive ecological consultancy rates in the market and never compromise on quality.
Once we connect you with the right ecology consultant, they will be able to provide you with a comprehensive ecology report based on your site needs. Our friendly and dedicated staff will provide you with trusted ecological consultancy services that satisfy the specific needs of your site. Get in touch with our specialist team on 0333 1237080 or you can also email us through firstname.lastname@example.org for advice, or to schedule a face-to-face meeting.